Friday, December 31, 2010

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Day Six, End of the Year


Thy goodness has been with me during another year,
leading me through a twisting wilderness,
in retreat helping me to advance,
when beaten back making sure headway...
I hoist sail and draw up anchor,
With thee as the blessed pilot of my future as of my past.
If I have to pass through tempests of persecution and temptation,
I shall not drown;
If I am to die,
I shall see thy face the sooner;
If I am to be cast aside from the service I love,
I can make no stipulation;
Only glorify thyself in me whether in comfort or trial,
as a chosen vessel meet always for thy use. 

- Year's End Prayer, "The Valley of Vision"



But as he considered these things, 
behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, 
saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, 
for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 
She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, 
for he will save his people from their sins." 
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: 
"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, 
and they shall call his name Immanuel", which means, 
GOD WITH US.

Matthew 1:20-23

No comments:

Post a Comment