Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Day 12, Gift of the Magi

Well, today is Three Kings Day. I've been reading up on the customs different cultures use to celebrate the occasion, and there are so many that I'll just tell you to look them up for yourself! 

Tonight Chris and I will take down our tiny Christmas tree and put away the ornaments until next year. That is pretty much the extent of the traditions we have for today. I'd like to read the story "Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry, which is one of my absolute favorite Christmas stories ever.

My hope is that I will be able to celebrate the spirit of Christmas all year long, just like Scrooge said in yesterday's post. Peace, faith, hope, and love. And truth, of course. But with that also comes humility, patience, understanding, and kindness. 

There are many exciting things in the works for 2011. I will be starting a new blog soon, although I will continue to post here as well. Details coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment