Friday, May 13, 2011

Deliberately Creative

When I look at the world around me, I am inspired. There is so much beauty everywhere. The patterns and shapes and symmetry of the universe are astounding! Especially in the springtime, as nature renews its colors, the amazingness of being alive continuously surprises me. Yes, I just wrote "amazingness". As the world shows evidence of being created, so I feel encouraged to create, whether I sit at my desk or go outside.



Creating also feels like a kind of nurturing. When someone else acknowledges our creations, it brings attention to ourselves, even to our inner thoughts. The creator nurtures its creation... the creation brings nurture to its creator through its flourishing and through the recognition of others. 






Take some time to create today. Look around you. Only your eyes need to see what you make. Or you can bless others by sharing your creation. Be grateful for the opportunity to become an apprentice to the Master Creator.


This post is part of Five-Minute Fridays.


No comments:

Post a Comment